News

Penang approves electrical maintenance project under Maintenance Fund



GEORGE TOWN, Oct 10  -- The Penang government has approved an electrical maintenance project under the 80:20 Maintenance Fund at Block 46, Greenlane Heights here.

State Housing, Local Government and Town and Country Planning Committee chairman Jagdeep Singh Deo said the state government had allocated RM221,000 for electrical wiring system and riser works in building corridors, parking lots and around the flats.

He said the 80:20 Maintenance Fund, which is a private housing scheme maintenance fund, was introduced in 2013 where 80 per cent of the maintenance cost would be funded by the state government while the remaining 20 per cent by the residents.

“Usually the maintenance fund will be spent for repair work or replacement of water tanks and lifts but we are aware that the electrical system also needs repair.

"The project is expected to be completed within two months,” he told a press conference today.

Meanwhile, Jagdeep said RM45.9 million had been used so far for the repair and replacement of 227 lifts and 138 water tanks.

Apart from the 80:20 Maintenance Fund, the state government has so far spent a total of RM285.6 million for three other maintenance funds.

-- BERNAMA

 

 





    Other News

Domestic, industrial consumers can opt for green electricity via GET - Takiyuddin

KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 23 -- Domestic and industrial electricity consumers in Peninsular Malaysia can opt for renewable energy (RE) sources generated from hydropower and solar plants starting from Jan 1 next year.


Collective energy market liberalisation needed to avoid imbalance in energy ecosystem -- MGA

KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 22 -- The liberalisation of the Malaysian gas industry alone will create an imbalance in the entire energy ecosystem if the other part of the energy sector does not follow suit, the Malaysian Gas Association (MGA) said.


INNIO technology chosen APAC's maiden 100 per cent hydrogen engine power plant

KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 19 -- INNIO announced Hyosung Heavy Industries (Hyosung) has selected INNIO Jenbacher ‘Ready for Hydrogen’ engine technology for the first pilot power plant project in APAC that will be fuelled by 100 per cent hydrogen.


    Main Sponsor


    Quotes



© 2021 BERNAMA. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Security Policy This material may not be published, broadcast,
rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.

Best viewed in Firefox 58.0.1 (64-bit) & Chrome Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit) with 1920 x 1080 resolution

Contact us :
General [ +603-2693 9933, helpdesk@bernama.com ]
Product/Service Enquiries [ +603-2050 4466, portal@bernama.com ]