News

Seven Pengerang fire victims were PRefChem staff

Credit: Bomba

JOHOR BAHRU, March 16 -- Pengerang Refining and Petrochemical (PRefChem) today confirmed that the seven victims of a fire tragedy at the Pengerang Integrated Complex yesterday, including five who were killed, were its staff.

In a statement here, the company said the fire and explosion incident at the Diesel Hydro Treating Unit (DHT) of the complex occurred at 10.39 pm.

It said the Emergency Response Team was currently cooperating with the authorities and the area affected by the fire had been closed.

“It is with profound sadness that we have to inform that five staff members have died in the incident. One staff suffered burns to forty per cent of his body (second-degree burn) while another staff escaped unharmed.

"Safety has always been a priority and we will always ensure that the situation is under control and does not pose any risks to health and environment," said the statement.

The company has pledged to provide full cooperation to the authorities in their investigations.

"PRefChem is deeply saddened by this incident and wishes to express our condolences to the entire family of the staff involved," it said.

PRefChem is a strategic alliance of two of the world’s largest and most successful national oil companies - Petroliam Nasional Bhd (Petronas) and Saudi Aramco, the national oil company of Saudi Arabia.

-- BERNAMA





    Other News

Bank Pembangunan Malaysia will support its customers to weather the COVID-19 storm

KUALA LUMPUR, March 28 -- Bank Pembangunan Malaysia Bhd (BPMB) will provide all relevant support to its customers facing difficulties including granting a moratorium on repayments/payments of loans/financings for a period of six months.


TNB pledges RM150 mln to support tiered electricity rebate

KUALA LUMPUR, March 27 – Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB) has pledged RM150 million to support the government’s announcement of a tiered electricity rebate to assist affected Malaysians following the extension of the Movement Control Order (MCO) period until April 14.


Minister expresses confidence in TNB’s preparedness during MCO

KUALA LUMPUR, March 26 -- Energy and Natural Resources Minister Datuk Dr Shamsul Anuar Nasarah has expressed confidence on the preparedness of Tenaga Nasional Bhd (TNB) in revving up its capacity to meet electricity supply demand in the Peninsula during the Movement Control Order (MCO).


    Main Sponsor


    Quotes



© 2020 BERNAMA. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Security Policy This material may not be published, broadcast,
rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.

Best viewed in Firefox 58.0.1 (64-bit) & Chrome Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit) with 1920 x 1080 resolution

Contact us :
General [ +603-2693 9933, helpdesk@bernama.com ]
Product/Service Enquiries [ +603-2050 4466, portal@bernama.com ]