News

PetDag has no plan to stop NGV business



KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 5 -- Petronas Dagangan Bhd (PetDag) is not planning to stop its natural gas for vehicles (NGV) service to customers.

Managing director and chief executive officer Azrul Osman Rani said its stations remained operational to provide NGV to taxis.

“The demand is there, and we are still servicing NGV to our customers,” he told reporters after the Setel Nationwide launch here today.

In August last year, it was reported that the company would review its NGV business and discuss with the government on what would be the next form of alternative energy for vehicles.

PetDag was quoted as saying that a demand reduction of between 15 and 20 per cent yearly led the company to re-look at the business.

Meanwhile, Azrul said PetDag planned to increase its revenue contribution from Setel, Malaysia’s first mobile app for fuel payment.

He said the company aimed to offer Setel at more than 1,000 Petronas stations by the second quarter of this year.

“It is currently available at more than 700 Petronas stations and will rapidly expand nationwide in the next few weeks,” he said, adding that as of last month, Setel had recorded over three million transactions.

Last year, Setel expanded to all Petronas stations in the Klang Valley, garnering a customer base of over half a million users.

-- BERNAMA





    Other News

Bank Pembangunan Malaysia will support its customers to weather the COVID-19 storm

KUALA LUMPUR, March 28 -- Bank Pembangunan Malaysia Bhd (BPMB) will provide all relevant support to its customers facing difficulties including granting a moratorium on repayments/payments of loans/financings for a period of six months.


TNB pledges RM150 mln to support tiered electricity rebate

KUALA LUMPUR, March 27 – Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB) has pledged RM150 million to support the government’s announcement of a tiered electricity rebate to assist affected Malaysians following the extension of the Movement Control Order (MCO) period until April 14.


Minister expresses confidence in TNB’s preparedness during MCO

KUALA LUMPUR, March 26 -- Energy and Natural Resources Minister Datuk Dr Shamsul Anuar Nasarah has expressed confidence on the preparedness of Tenaga Nasional Bhd (TNB) in revving up its capacity to meet electricity supply demand in the Peninsula during the Movement Control Order (MCO).


    Main Sponsor


    Quotes



© 2020 BERNAMA. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Security Policy This material may not be published, broadcast,
rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.

Best viewed in Firefox 58.0.1 (64-bit) & Chrome Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit) with 1920 x 1080 resolution

Contact us :
General [ +603-2693 9933, helpdesk@bernama.com ]
Product/Service Enquiries [ +603-2050 4466, portal@bernama.com ]