News

Government puts on hold enforcement for eateries to use commercial LPG

KUCHING, March 29 (Bernama) -- The government has decided to put on hold the enforcement on the use of commercial Liquified Petroleum Gas (LPG) by eateries in the country, including restaurants, coffee shops and food stalls.

This was announced by Deputy Minister for Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Chong Chien Jen at a press conference here today. 

With the announcement, these eateries can still use subsidised domestic LPG.

However, Chong said the exemption did not apply to factories, hotels and other large-scale business entities which were required to comply with the rules and regulations by using the commercial LPG.

He said the decision to put on hold the enforcement was made following a great amount of concern and anxieties among the operators of these eateries as this would increase their cost of business operation and the price of food.

“It will definitely further increase the cost of living of the people,” said Chong, adding that the enforcement would be put on hold until the economy stabilised.

Chong said the price for the LPG for domestic household usage was heavily subsidised by the federal government, which spent RM2,198 million in subsidy for domestic LPG, last year alone.

Meanwhile, the price for the commercial LPG is not subsidised and the price fluctuates according to the market price. Currently, the non-subsidised LPG is RM3.10 per kg.

The deputy minister said the ministry's enforcement had recently issued letters to restaurants, coffee shops and food stalls requesting them to use the commercial LPG as domestic LPS were meant for domestic use only.

-- BERNAMA




    Other News

Bank Pembangunan Malaysia will support its customers to weather the COVID-19 storm

KUALA LUMPUR, March 28 -- Bank Pembangunan Malaysia Bhd (BPMB) will provide all relevant support to its customers facing difficulties including granting a moratorium on repayments/payments of loans/financings for a period of six months.


TNB pledges RM150 mln to support tiered electricity rebate

KUALA LUMPUR, March 27 – Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB) has pledged RM150 million to support the government’s announcement of a tiered electricity rebate to assist affected Malaysians following the extension of the Movement Control Order (MCO) period until April 14.


Minister expresses confidence in TNB’s preparedness during MCO

KUALA LUMPUR, March 26 -- Energy and Natural Resources Minister Datuk Dr Shamsul Anuar Nasarah has expressed confidence on the preparedness of Tenaga Nasional Bhd (TNB) in revving up its capacity to meet electricity supply demand in the Peninsula during the Movement Control Order (MCO).


    Main Sponsor


    Quotes



© 2020 BERNAMA. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Security Policy This material may not be published, broadcast,
rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.

Best viewed in Firefox 58.0.1 (64-bit) & Chrome Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit) with 1920 x 1080 resolution

Contact us :
General [ +603-2693 9933, helpdesk@bernama.com ]
Product/Service Enquiries [ +603-2050 4466, portal@bernama.com ]